Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Making It Official

A few entries ago I told you about sneaking my daughter into Disney (read "My Lowest Parenting Point").  And most of my friends and family know how difficult a time we have had trying to get Rea to poop on the potty. Well, this entry is kind of a combination of both I guess.

On Sunday afternoon, Rea asked me for a "dipe." I told her that we could only use the diapers at nighttime and that if she needed to poop, she would have to in the potty. She threw a WILD tantrum. I remained completely calm (and still, I have heard that any sudden movements can cause the animal to attack you). After a few minutes of intense screaming/meltdown on her part, she began to chill out and talk about other things.

After about 5 relaxing minutes, she said, "I need to go poopie right now! Can I use Steph's potty?" (Interjection: We have a little wooden potty at our house that used to be my youngest sister's training potty. So Rea literally means, use Steph's potty.) I told her it would fine to sit on Steph's potty and asked her if she wanted to play on my phone while she tried.

It became a family affair. I had to sit on the floor in front of her, Ri stood next to her and intently watched his sister. Well, it worked. She did it. And mid-poop asked if we could go to Disney. I don't think I need to tell you what my answer was.

At 5:30pm we picked up my mom and got on the highway. I called both sisters. Steph had a big test the next day and couldn't meet us. Jack said, "Sure, what time will you be there? Where do you want to eat?" Only someone from my tree would be totally up for it and not think I am at all crazy for taking my 2 munchkins 2 hours away for dinner and a couple of rides.

The FL Turnpike was closed (bad accident, trauma hawk had to land on the road), so we were detoured. Bummer. The trip took a little longer than normal. No worries.

We made it to our favorite hotel. We ate dinner and waited for Aunt Jack. This was going to be a great night. Rea had to get an annual pass - I was not at all willing to repeat the "I am 2" fiasco. It was also fitting that Jack was with us. She was the one to carry Rea through the gates of the Magic Kingdom on her first visit, and now she was going to be with us when Rea used her very own pass for the first time.

Jack carrying Rea through the first time


Waiting for the pass to be printed

Learning how to use the ticket machine



YAY!!
Never again will we have to lie. 

Ri is so stoked to be up late

Getting ready to drive the racecars

Jack and Rea in line for Buzz

Rea likes bad boys


No comments:

Post a Comment