Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Bright Spot on a Dark Day

I have been trying to figure out how to put this entry together for almost a week now.

Last Sunday a good man passed away. One of our friend's is no longer with us. Jason Bobo meant more to Shane and I than I think even he knew. We could always count on his wonderful smile and full-bodied laugh on Sundays at church. It was clear to everyone that he loved to lead singing... and more clear that he LOVED his children, his family, and the Lord.

Today was the first time that it really hit me that I won't see him again at church. Rea was there on Sunday when it was announced that there was a problem... and we spent the day with Jason's nephew (Rea's bff) B. We tried to keep the kiddos busy and have as much fun as possible with them. But B and Rea asked a lot of questions. Mostly B wanted to know why he was with us and not with his family when they are so upset... and both wanted to know "why Uncle Jason had to die." I answered them as best I could. And I kept a strong face, not wanting to show them my sadness.

This week I have noticed a small change in Rea. She has been a Daddy's Girl for quite some time now, but this week, she is almost codependent with him. She has to have him around. At night, when I was putting her to sleep, she asked me more than once if her Daddy was going to die. She wanted to know why God wanted to have K's daddy and B's uncle in Heaven so soon.

Those are hard questions to answer. I mean, I can't get too deep with her.. she's only 3. But we aren't ever guaranteed tomorrow. And Shane works a high-risk job. I am grateful that she asked me all the tough questions when the lights were out, so she couldn't see the tears.

I am grateful for the little time we were given to know Jason. I am so grateful for his family. They are wonderful, amazing people, and Shane and I are better people and Christians because of their influence.

I want to share some pictures of Rea and B. These are some bright spots for a mostly dark day.

























No comments:

Post a Comment