Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh Dad...

Well, I should start by congratulating Chris on his graduation from high school. More impressive than that is his acceptance to FSU. I am proud that one of my cousins will be attending my alma mater. =)

Chris actually graduates tomorrow... but his party was today at my Aunt's house. So, we piled into my Swagger Wagon and took off toward Miami. My dad drove. Sis Steph sat in the front passenger seat. Ri and my mom took up the middle section. And Rea and I brought up the rear. I was anticipating a smooth, quiet, uneventful ride. For the most part, I was right. Ri passed out within 30 minutes. Rea made it about 45 minutes into the movie Tangled before she was out like a light. Mom and I watched the movie. Steph was chillin' in the front.

No one was talking.

At all.

Not a peep.

Then, all of a sudden, my dad picks up the pack of gum sitting on my center console and tries to pass it back.

????

Um, I brushed my teeth. And I don't think I momentarily blacked out, shouted that I needed gum, then regained consciousness.

And I am pretty sure the above scenario didn't happen to my mother either.

Anyway, Dad is kind of sensitive sometimes. He really doesn't like to be mentioned in the Blog. He really doesn't like it when we laugh at him. I get that, but he needs to try NOT to make it in the Blog. If he didn't keep giving me great material, he would never be mentioned.

Or, he could bribe me. I accept cash or checks. Just sayin'.


Oh, and I'm not done. Dad almost burned my Aunt A's house down.

The party was great. It was off to a wonderful start. People were milling around, chatting, eating. There was a little man-group in the kitchen (little in number, not stature). My dad was in that group. He happened to be leaning against the stove.

All of a sudden, there was a horrible smell. Like melted plastic.

Because THERE WAS MELTING PLASTIC!

Apparently, Dad's backside turned on one of the stove burners. And the poor carrot cake resting on its plastic tray didn't stand a chance. =(

The funniest part, in my mind, was after Dad (and a few others) made sure nothing was going to burst into flames, Dad turns to me and Steph and says, "Ugh, this is gonna be in the Blog."

And I got pictures!





Thanks Dad! We love you! Steph was right, you are the funniest! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment