Monday, June 27, 2011

Thank You. Thank You. I'll Be Here All Week.

I have come to the conclusion that I am raising two nuts.

Ri laughs all the time. He even tells good jokes - of course he doesn't speak English yet, but his jokes are very funny to him.

Rea has always had a great sense of humor - just like her mother. =) And along with her quick wit, she is pretty smart. This combination has led to a few amazing conversations.

Conversation 1:
Scene - I am unpacking from my Denver trip. When we were out there, I picked up a Broncos shirt. 

Rea: You got a new shirt Mom. (She points to it)
Me: Yes, I did.
Rea: It has a horse on it!
Me: Yep. Hey, (turning shirt to the back) do you know what this says?
Rea: Yes, it says Tim Tebow.
Me: Good job! But technically it just says Tebow.
Rea: Oh. (she flips shirt around to front) Mom, I didn't know Tim Tebow plays for a horse team!!!  (she is beyond excited about this)
Me: Oh, yeah, I guess he does. But technically it's a Bronco.
Rea: (gives me the you're an idiot stare) Technically, it's a horse.

Well, you can't argue with that.



Conversation 2:

Sometimes I like to punish myself and start the day off on a total bummer note... So the other day I stood on the scale.
Rea came in just as the numbers settled. She said, "Hey Mom, what's the scale say?"
I said, "It says HUGE. Grrr." Then I walked out of the bathroom.
Rea stepped on to it. When it settled, she looked down. Then she turned around and said, "Huh... Look at that. It says LITTLE."

No comments:

Post a Comment