Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tower of EXTREME Terror

Rea has wanted to ride the Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios for like the past 2 years. And even though she has been tall enough for over a year, we haven't let her. Shane and I told her that even though she met Disney's height requirement, she did not meet their age one. Rea has been under the impression that you have to be at least 5 to ride the ToT.

And she turned 5 in December. We said nothing of the ride, and her birthday trip (see that entry) was going to be at a different Park. She let us know that she was aware that she now met all of Disney's pre-reqs. It was just a matter of time before we were there with all the right people. That is: Jack, Steph and Shane. All 3 peeps wanted to be with her for her first (and possibly last) ride. It was pretty clear that I shouldn't go on it with her. Even though I love it, it terrifies me and I scream like a little girl the ENTIRE time. I could not even pretend to project enough bravado to calm Rea. Jack and Steph would have taken her alone, but Shane really wanted to go with his little girl.



The weekend that we were in Disney celebrating Shel's birthday both of my sister's happened to be there as well. So we decided that we would meet up on Sunday morning in Hollywood Studios. If the line was ok, Rea would have her big moment.


The before pic... 

Buddy and I waited patiently while Jack, Steph, Zach, Shane and Rea dropped 13 stories in an elevator.


Being goofy in the line... Trying to relax and distract. 

Amazing photo


A close-up of the terror
Buddy and I were under the Hotel, waiting by the photo display when they got off the ride. I heard the cries before I spotted them. Rea was crying HYSTERICALLY. I took her to the gift shop for some retail therapy while Shane bought the pic. It took a little bit for her to relax enough for people to be able to speak to her.

After she had calmed a little, she told me that she was happy she did it, but does NOT like it. I told her that that was a very mature, brave outlook and she should be very proud of herself.







No comments:

Post a Comment