Sunday, June 30, 2013

Steph Graduates and We Celebrate at Disney

Shocker. I know.

Stephawee (as she's known) graduated from UCF and since WDW is a mere 45 minutes down the road, that's where we stayed. Actually it was a really big week for Steph. Here's how it panned out:

She went to the beach with her boyfriend Zooch (Zach).



And he popped the question!




Finally. Seriously. Zach was at my wedding 7 years ago. And he is in all of our family photos. Truthfully, at this point, it would have been super annoying to photoshop him out of everything.

Oh and Steph said yes!

When they came back to the house later that afternoon, Steph recounted the story of the proposal to us. And she included this tidbit about "some creepy lady on the beach taking pictures". She pointedly asked us if we were responsible. We denied any involvement.

Later that night at dinner, I revealed that the creep on the beach was actually my good friend Devon. And I had hired her to take photos of the event. Devon did an AMAZING job! The pictures are gorgeous! If you're in need of a photog, I suggest you check her out! Click here.

Also on this day, she aged another year. Fairly gracefully too I might add.

Then it was time to pack up and head to Disney!
Steph does the family exit.

Doesn't she look cute? 

Rea & Zooch - Premeltdown

Ri and Jack - Jack's trying to point Steph out to him. 


Of course we had a 4 hour detour at UCF to watch Steph's graduation ceremony. I didn't see much past the first 30 minutes or so. The kids both totally melted and I spent the LONG ceremony in the hallway with screaming, crying, tantrum-throwing monsters. It sucked. It was one of those days that I wish I could have skipped. I was doing my best to keep them calm and semi-quiet. Nothing was working. I was sweating, my face was red from heat and, let's be honest, embarrassment.

But, we are still so proud of Steph and that piece of paper she worked so hard to achieve. And we took some awesome family photos outside of the arena to show off our amazing love. =)





I love that Ri is going down on one knee... So cute. 




 Ok, we always joke about family pics. And we refer to Steph as Barney Stinson (from HIMYM). He never takes a bad pic... and there's an episode where Robin tries multiple times to catch him off guard and in a terrible pose. That is the backstory to the next pic. We were tickling Steph. It didn't work.

Love this one!




Who wants to blow this popsicle stand and go back to Disney? MEEEEE!!!!

So amazing. I love this! 

Ri and Jack. He's so in love with her. 




No comments:

Post a Comment