Monday, July 1, 2013

You Know You've Made It When...

The kids lucked out by inheriting a Thomas the Train incredible train table. And even though it was really for Ri, we told them it was for both in hopes of limiting the fights/tantrums/hurt feelings/screaming.

Anyway. My Dad came over to help me get it in the beast into my house. I moved some furniture around earlier in the day to make room. The kids are IN LOVE with the play table! It has been in the house now for a whopping 2 hours and they have only left it after being forced to join us at the dinner table. Ri inhaled his dinner faster than I have ever seen before. It was kind of funny.

We have a TON of little trains... of varying sets and styles. But the table was delivered with its own boxful. It didn't take the kids long to figure out that they can combine the sets and have totally full train tracks.

Which brings me to the point of this entire entry.



I was listening to them play, as I usually do. I love the sounds of them getting along. And then I hear Ri talking to a train named "Stephawee" - That's what the kids call my youngest sister. It made my ears perk up. I've heard the names like Percy, Thomas, Edward, Gordon, Emily...etc often in their play. But never Stephawee.

So I asked, "Is there a train named Stephanie?"

Ri said, "Yeah." And held up the Stephawee engine.

I looked puzzled at Rea. She smiled (like duh Mom) and explained, "Well that one's name is Stephawee. Ri named it that."

Oh, awesome. So I have been listening to Stephawee and all of the important Specials she has been assigned to complete. And it's making me laugh.

Congrats Steph! I know this must be a big moment for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment