Monday, February 14, 2011

Lots of Love Today

It's Valentine's Day, so naturally I am thinking about LOVE. And I can't help but feel so lucky for all the love in my life. My husband (although sometimes he bugs me) and my wonderful kids are more than I could've ever wished to have. Last night there was a Valentine's themed dinner at our church... we celebrated an anniversary for the Balls. Mr and Mrs Ball have been married for 60 years today! 60 years, can you imagine? I have a hard time envisioning next August, when my oldest goes to school for the first time. In 60 years, I hope to be half as happy as those two seem. Although this is traditionally what people initially think about when Feb 14 rolls around, I am watching my munchkins right now and I can't help but notice how relative LOVE is. 
Ri is 13 months and he LOVES his toys and his new found freedom. He is stumbling around the living room, picking up a truck and chucking it across the room... then he rushes over to it as fast as he can and repeats the process. The look on his face is one of total happiness. 
On the other hand, Rea is chilled out on the couch. She is ecstatic the Disney Junior is (finally) airing "Jake and the Never Land Pirates". She has been waiting for at least a month for this exact moment. Luckily I had the foresight to TiVo the show... so as I am typing this, she is watching it for the 4th time. It is humorous to me how much she LOVES pirates and skeletons (called "Yo-hos" at our house). For this, I blame my husband. 
Well, duty is (literally) calling my name.
Happy Valentine's Day! ~ the Stu crew





2 comments:

  1. So cute! Can't wait to hear more daily adventures of ur awesome (yet still normal) family. I LOVE you guys xoxo Cuz Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! I am happy you like it.

    ReplyDelete