Monday, August 22, 2011

Open House - Big Success

Well, it's that time of year. Public schools in our county started back today. This is the 2nd year that I have not been there, and I don't miss it at all. But this year is a little different. Rea starts school too. She is attending a local private school and since she is only 3, they are stagger-starting. Her first day is Wednesday. Although honestly, she would go today if I would send her.

Last night was Open House. Rea was over-the-moon excited to attend! It was hard for me to believe that we have reached this step already. I still vividly remember being preggers, eating dinner at PF Changs the night before she was born, the first time I saw her, the day we brought her home from the hospital... and so on.
At PF Changs celebrating Mom's bday (Rea was born the next morning)
Our first official meeting

Already my fave girl!

Tears fill my eyes when I think about what Wednesday is going to feel like for me. I know Rea will be fine (she didn't want us to stay at Open House last night). And I will put on a strong face in case she has even the smallest bit of fear.

Last night she was a champ. The kids got a "passport" with all 5 teachers on it. They had to travel around to the different stations, meet each teacher, perform the little activity, and get the teacher to stamp their passports. Rea LOVED it! She actually woke up talking about the plant she planted with her science teacher. =)
She kept cleaning off her fingers in the water bowl =)


Picking the seeds up from the teacher


Shape corner - Surprise! Rea picked only the green shapes.

Peeling stickers for the sailor cap... 

But once we got in the car, the stickers came off the hat and were used like tattoos. 

I can't wait to watch her grow this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment