Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We Have Entered "School Age"

It is finally here! I cannot believe it! My baby started school today!

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!


We all went to bed early last night (like we have been practicing and discussing for a month). After laying in bed for about 10 minutes, right before I was going to be overtaken by exhaustion, I realized I never set the alarm. Oops. So I did. 6:30am was going to be early!

Ri decided 6:30 would be cutting it too close, so he woke me up at 6:23am. Thanks Bud. You know, I could've really used those extra 7 minutes.

Anyway, I got Ri out of bed. Changed his diaper. Stood at the end of my bed (yes, Rea ends up in our bed each night). Said, "Rea, it's time to get up for school." She shot up like a rocket.

I could tell she was feeling a little apprehensive. The girl who does NOT stop talking didn't have much of anything to say as she picked at her breakfast. The girl who drinks close to half a gallon of chocolate milk each day maybe had 3 sips. But she trudged through. We got dressed, fix hair, packed snacks. And then it was picture time!
Daddy helping Rea put her socks on

Ugh. Camera fogged.

But she is SO cute!!

Ri is trying to run after a school bus...



Proud Dadden

I am so proud of my girl!

One of my all-time fave pics!


In front of the school bell


Heading to class with Dadden

Rea found her plant (the one from Open House)




What a trooper! Rea started to lighten up when we got to the school. I think the first day excitement really began to sink in. And she just went with it.

Mrs. Danyali - Rea's homeroom teacher

Picking out a cubby for her backpack and lunchbox

Rea is telling her teacher who her family members are

The family wall

Best family moment!

She is wiping my kiss off... =)

We counted down the minutes till we could pick her up.
Rea's art project

Being a stinker at lunch... We went to Cheeseburgers & More for food and games

Rea was so tired, she was not interested in posing for my pictures

Riding the carousel in a daze

Totally passed out after lunch. 

 Overall, the day was a success! Shane & I are SO proud of our big girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment