Friday, February 24, 2012

Is It May 1st Yet?


Yesterday, my mom and I decided to take the kiddos up for a day trip to Disney. It's been over a month since my last visit and the withdrawal was almost physical. The kids (shock) were super excited to go. Mom picked us up around 7:30, we took her car so that Shane wouldn't be stuck in the house all day without one (this tidbit will be important later). 

All buckled up, food in hand, and we were off!

Ri ate and played with Grammie's phone. Rea ate and played with the iPad. Rea is very interested in words. She knows how to write all letters, upper and lower case. She knows they each have a sound (or two). The thing she is hooked on now is how to spell stuff. She has a large amount of words memorized already, and she is constantly asking, "How do you spell ____?"

Yesterday in the car, Rea was typing in the "notes" app. She was spelling things, asking for the correct spelling, trying to sound words out. Then she says, "How do you spell EO? Like Michael Jackson is Captain EO at Epcot." Mom and I tried to suppress a giggle. Then I say, "It's just like it sounds: E-O."

So we made it.












Rea wanted to try something new this time... so we went on Test Track (with Fast Passes).

She got a little freaked out by the crash test dummies in line. 

We had a great time - as usual. Then it was time to go. Ri passed out almost immediately in the car. Rea talked the ENTIRE way home. She was definitely in rare form. She wanted me to take some pictures of her... so here is my goofball:
















She's a nutball.

I tried to convince my mother to take the kiddos for the night, but she wouldn't listen to me. Don't worry Mom, May 1st will be here soon! And Steph, yes I am purposely making your birthday week about me. You are welcome =)

No comments:

Post a Comment