Sunday, April 10, 2011

Best Weekend Ever!!

So "What a Week" ended with a fabulous weekend in Gainesville.

Shane was scheduled to work, but he actually officially has the flu. So he spent the weekend on the couch. The kiddies stayed with my parents while I travelled to G-ville.

I had been looking forward to this particular trip for a while. One of my sisters lives there, and I was picking up my other sister on the way. Ever the multi-tasker, I thought it would be fun to combine a work trip with a sisters' weekend. And, let me tell you, I was right!!

The University of Florida was having a big ToDo for the unveiling of the Heisman Statues. Shane and I made the frames that were given to a select few donors. The picture is of Spurrier, Tebow and Wuerffel with the Heisman Trophy -- More importantly, it is autographed by all three.

Coach signed the photos first and I brought them up (in the frames) to UF. The plan was for Wuerffel and Tebow to sign them before the game, then I would quickly finish the frames before the halftime ceremony. But, as we all know, things don't always go according to plan. And sometimes, it's better that they don't.

We spent about 2 hours before the game in the coach's wives' box with the frames. It was kind of chaotic. Everyone was running around, checking the clock, shaking hands. For a little while, I wasn't sure we were going to make our deadline. Kickoff was looming. And I was going to need at least an hour to finish off 8 frames.

I was opening up some of the frames when I felt a shift in the climate of the room. You know how you can tell that someone has entered by the way the air feels and sounds? That's what happened. Then I looked up and saw Danny Wuerffel.

I was SO excited to see him. This is the one person I wanted to meet... I was a HUGE fan of the '96 Gators. I can remember putting my Nokia cell phone in a crystal sugar bowl on top of my TV to watch the Gators win the Sugar Bowl. Ah-mazing!

Well, time was not on my side. He had to rush. So he signed all the pictures and left. =( Bummer for me.

Then Timmy came in. He is always a doll. I love him, and I got to introduce him to my baby sister. =)

 After Tebow left, we quickly stapled the frames back together.
It was imperative that we stay with the frames. The pictures were very important to the school, and they weren't completely finished. Since the frames were going to be used in the halftime presentation, we were led out to the field. Yes, THE FIELD!! We watched the first half of the game from the sidelines. It was awesome!
Ready to run out of the tunnel

So cool

Steve, my new bff

Me and Steph

Seats don't get cooler than this!

Frames are getting ready

Danny Wuerffel

Tim Tebow

Our frames are being led out onto the field

Pete and Fred Taylor

Me and Fred Taylor


Our frames on the jumbotron!
Words cannot completely express how happy I am. This was really one of my favorite moments. Very few people can understand how totally awesome it is to see your work on center stage. Shane and I work really hard to make our frames look fantastic, and it was wonderful to hear how much other people liked them. And Shane said they were on TV! Even cooler.

I am so grateful to Steve, Jim, Danny and everyone else at Palm Beach Autographs for having faith in us... and for letting us tag along for the awesome ride! Thanks so much guys! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment