Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Today was a super special day... It happened to be Easter AND Shane's birthday. Unfortunately for him, he had to work. Oh well, that's the life of a cop. Anyway, we celebrated Shane's birthday with our families last night (dinner at our house) and will be celebrating it again with a few friends tomorrow (dinner at our house).

Anyway, this was my first Easter morning alone with the kiddies. I thought about postponing it all together. I even went so far as to try to explain to Rea that sometimes the Easter Bunny has to come a different day for kids of police officers... She never really seemed to accept this. So, Easter Sunday was going ahead whether I was ready or not.

A "yo-ho" themed Easter

Ri slept in - a small and much needed miracle. Rea woke up at 7:15 - very out of character for her but not all together surprising. I slowed Rea down a bit by giving her something random to do... then I ran downstairs with Ri and grabbed the video camera. Usually I prefer still shots, but I thought it would be great for Shane to be able to watch Easter later.

As you may know, our family is mildly obsessed with "yo-hos" (AKA pirates or skeletons). And we watch Disney's "Jake and the Never Land Pirates" all the time.  So it seemed only fitting that the Easter Bunny theme our baskets. Actually, the theme was perfect... We can't hide eggs at our house, so the Easter Bunny drew a treasure map to where the eggs were hiding. I am pretty proud of both Rea for figuring it out and the Bunny for being talented enough to make the map clear for a toddler.

After we got dressed and nibbled on some of the gold doubloons, we were off to follow the map and find those Easter eggs! I wish you could have seen Rea in the backseat, "reading" her map, telling me where to go.

The egg hunt was a success. Rea found all the eggs. Ri was more interested in chasing squirrels than trying to find candy he was never going to be able to eat (smart boy).

Next on the Easter Sunday agenda was lunch. Outback. Yum. Not exactly a good choice if you are on Weight Watchers, but definitely delicious. So we were off to the airport. Oh yeah, we went to the Outback in Gainesville (with a quick pause in Orlando to pick up Steph).

All Rea wanted to do was go to Jack's house and see the dogs, Bella and Banks. I think she said, "I wanna go to Jack's house!" about 45 times at the restaurant. We had no intention of going there... it was just lunch and maybe Walmart.

Jack was explaining to Rea that we couldn't go to her house because she just shaved the puppies hair and they looked yucky. They are now bald. Rea said, "Bald?? You mean like my Daddy? ... And like Grandpa?"    

Hahahahaha! Sometimes I think she should be a stand-up comedian.

Well, it was a wonderful day. Both kids spent some time in the front of the plane. Rea "flew" from Orlando to Gainesville. She held on the entire trip. When we are home, she plays with her Barbie airplane and "talks to the tower."




Ri is becoming more and more a Grandpa's boy. He was so excited to sit up front with Grandpa!




Even though we missed Shane, today was a good day. And we had so much fun hangin' with my peeps. =) Happy Easter everyone! And happy birthday to my super awesome husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment