Friday, September 2, 2011

Only Rea...

When I was in the hospital earlier this week, Rea called to tell me that she and Daddy were going to go on a date. She was practically squealing into the telephone. See, she had school the next day and the mornings are still a little difficult, so Ri spent the night with my parents and Shane made a special night for Rea. =) Aawww, I know.

Anyway, Rea called to let me know that she and Dad were going to Cheeseburgers & More. A local kid fave of ours. Here's the convo:

Rea: MOOOOOMMMMM!!! DADDY IS TAKING ME TO CHEESEBURGER'S AND MORE FOR DINNER! Ri is not going... we are taking him to Grammy's because he is a little baby.

Me: Oh, that sounds like tons of fun Rea. Have fun on your date.

Rea: Ok. Mom, you want us to bring you anything to eat? We are going to Cheeseburgers and More. Then we are gonna come to the hospital to see you.

Me: Sure, I would love a cheeseburger.

Rea: Oh, I don't think they have those. Sorry.

Rea and Shane split a 1-lb burger (because Cheeseburgers and More does in fact have cheeseburgers). They got their picture taken and stuck it on the wall next to our friends' pic.



Every Wednesday and Friday Rea's school sends home a blue folder with the kids' work and any important papers for the parents. This week, Rea's teacher was giggling as she handed Rea's folder to us. She said, "We colored today, and Rea drew a picture of Harry Potter and wrote Harry's name. ... " There was more to that conversation, but it's not relevant. Check out my genius child's work:


No comments:

Post a Comment