Monday, October 1, 2012

Hawks Cay - part 2

And here we are... another day, more pictures.

I won't babble too much.

We had beautiful weather on the first day, but we woke up to major cloud coverage on day 2. But we are Floridians, a little rain doesn't slow us down. Even a downpour won't stop us, we just sit and patiently wait for it to blow over.

I think I made the weather sound worse than it was. Really, it was cloudy and rained a little. That's all.

Our first adventure for the day was to fuel up with some grub. We all take our breakfast joints VERY seriously. Wendy (our on-staff travel agent) did a little research and found a gem - The Stuffed Pig. Ah-ma-zing!

The kids loved having their own table again. 

Ri's fave thing to say, "M, it's MY car. My car." It was so funny. M didn't appreciate the humor. 

Wendy & me - check out all of the pigs in the window.


A better (at least larger) pic of part of the S fam. 

Shane snapped a pic of his gator tail. 

Rea went to town on her pancakes. I think S was a good breakfast food influence. 
After stuffing our faces, we went back to the hotel in hopes of going to the pirate pool. But the rain slowed us down for a little bit.

The second that the drizzling stopped, we were out the door and riding on a golf cart to the Indie Club.

The Pirate Pool!!! Totally awesome! 

Shane has such a rough life... don't ever listen to him complain. 

I actually have a few really great pics from the water cameras - My hope is to digitize them in a day or two and then update this page to include them. The kiddies were super cute on the pirate slides. The water is only about a foot deep. The kids were basically one big blur here - climbing up the ship, zipping down the slides, running back around to the stairs.

After this, we walked down a little path and went for a swim in a monstrous pool. The best part was that we had the whole thing to ourselves. It was fantastic. Pretty good pictures from the water camera too. But alas, you can't see them yet. =)

One of my favorite parts of the trip was when we all took over the S family's hotel room. I don't know how, but S sat on one of the beds watching The Lorax on the iPad as though not a single other person was in the room. She was even frozen for a while holding a slice of dessert pizza about 3 inches from her mouth. It was hysterical and adorable. The rest of the kids were playing on the ground, scarfing down pizza.

My truck M! My truck! -- hahahaha

There's S... completely oblivious to the world around her. 


To walk off the pizza, we decided to check out the resort grounds. We spent a long time just chillin' in the gazebo overlooking the dolphin pools. It was heaven. And I brought the big camera out... I think we got some good ones.

Kind of looks like Ri is trying to push M into the pool. 

The dolphin pools

S & Rea watching the dolphins swim around. 

The resort's lagoon

Another shot of the lagoon and part of the resort up on the right.

Super cute fashionable S. 

The dolphin trainers 

The kiddos went down for a closer look at the dolphins and their trainers. 

I'm really not sure why Buddy loves laying on the ground so much... 




Shane & Baby G - Shane was the baby whisperer... G loved him. 

S & Rea - so totally adorable!

M & his Mommy - He's the sweetest little boy. 

I love it when she wants to have her picture taken. 

She's so beautiful. I LOVE her!

Kiddos playing duck-duck-goose.

Shane was pano-taking obsessed.
Awesome pic

Ri & Baby G 

Baby G - Love him!! 


Genie & Baby G

Another Stu pano


For dinner we went to a yummy place on the water. Genie & Charles claim to have had the best tacos ever. =)


Oh, me & Stu

"Put your head on him - makes for a better picture"


Love these monsters!
It was a great trip! I can't wait until our next one. I think we are definitely going to return to Hawks Cay. Not only was it stunningly beautiful, but Shane & I felt so relaxed after we left. Next time I think we will probably take advantage of the resort's babysitting services.

Before taking off for home, we ate some breakfast at the resort's restaurant and took a dip in the main pool.


Reagan's adventure with the dolphins will have to wait. Will post those pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment