Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oh, the Mind of a Toddler

I think we watch Tangled probably 2 or 3 times a day. And have for at least the last month. At the very least, it is always in the DVD player in the car. Rea has fixated on Mother Gothel's death. She always asks why Gothel tries to kill Flinn and why she just vanishes when she goes out the window. And even though she hasn't seen Beauty and the Beast in at least 6 months, she talks about Gaston's much deserved shove off the castle and long plummet to his death. I don't know why my toddler has this stuff on the brain or why of all the great things in both of those movies the death is what she talks about.

Anyway.

Today we were in the car on the way home. This was one of the few times where the DVD was off and we had music playing.

Rea says, "Mom, you're not gonna kill Dad are you?"

I assume I heard her wrong and say, "Call Dad? Do you want me to call him?"

Rea: "No. Kill him. Like Mother Gothel tries to kill Flinn. You aren't going to kill him, are you?"

Me: "No. I am not going to kill your Daddy. I love your Daddy very much."

Rea: "You love him?"

Me: "Yes. Very much. Daddy is my true love."

Rea: "But boys are so gross and smelly."

Me: "Well, that is definitely true. Your Daddy is smelly and gross, but I still love him. You will understand it someday."

Rea: "Kind of like I love Ri. Ri is really gross and smelly, but I still love him."

Me: "Yup. Kind of just like that."

Then she turns to Ri and says, "Heeeeyyy Boo Boo. You are so cuuuute! I love you"

No comments:

Post a Comment