Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Want to Chew My Arm Off... Or Eat EVERYTHING In My Kitchen

Dieting sucks.

Shane and I have each gained as much weight as Rea has in the past 4 years. So, this year we decided to be super cliche and make "weight loss" our New Year's Resolution.

A bunch of our friends have been very successful on the HCG diet. So we jumped on that train and began the drops earlier this week.

For those who don't know, on the HCG diet you take hormone supplements and eat very few calories each day. This lasts for between 23 and 40 days, personal choice. The first two days on the drops you are instructed to eat A LOT. So we did, well according to some friends we didn't eat enough. We decided to use our Cheesecake Factory gift cards and chow down. Shane got "heaven between two buns" (Mac & Cheese burger) and I went with the fish tacos.






Shane actually let me have two bites of his burger... it was AMAZING! The fish tacos? Not so much. Don't bother ever ordering them. There was hardly a fillet between all four tacos. I was seriously disappointed.

The Adam's Peanut Butter Cheesecake made up for it. =)

Anyway, we are really giving this weight loss thing our best efforts. I followed a recipe in our HCG cookbook last night for Crab Bisque. Even though we were STARVING, it was inedible. Blah. SOOOO gross!

This was lunch. With every bite I would say "35 pounds" (that's my goal). 

The horrifying crab bisque. Just thinking of it is starting to turn my stomach. 


I am excited to report that after 4 days on the diet, I am 2.5 lbs closer to my goal and Shane is 4.5 lbs smaller. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment