Wednesday, June 27, 2012

1 Year of School Down...

... Only 17 more.

I can't believe that Rea's first year of school has ended. Seriously, time flies when you are a grown up. I can remember feeling as though the school year would NEVER end as a kid (and truthfully, sometimes as a teacher). But now that I have a "school-age child," I feel like I blinked and it passed!

I still remember the buzz of excitement at our house on the morning of her first day. I remember wanting to capture every minute of it on camera, but that the rain refused to let me take a bunch of "front door" pics.




The cast on her foot never slowed her down... and I don't think she cared that she was being pushed in a stroller. I didn't anticipate it being such a tear-filled morning for me either. I was overwhelmed by the moment. It was so sad to say "good-bye" to teachers and friends. It's not like we aren't going to see them again... I mean, Rea was in camp with a bunch of the kiddos and 2 of the teachers a week later. But still.






Rea is so proud (as she should be) and is eagerly awaiting the start of Pre-K in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment