Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Lunch

This is entry #5 if you're counting.

After the beach and showers, it was time for the rest of the extended family to arrive.

We did presents first because that's really all the kids wanted to do. After gifts we moved to the patio for lunch. My Grandma, who my kids call LaLa told me a fantastic story. I'll share it with you after you see all the pics. =)

Rea and LaLa



Jack & Buddy

Buddy gets the Hess vehicle every year from LaLa

I think Chris is really diggin' the Hess helicopter


Fun Fact: Zach has terrible breath.



Rea had the best Christmas... She was so sweet and grateful for  all of her gifts.

LaLa rocking her new MJ hat







I think everyone played with this gun thing... 

Our crazy bunch.

Me, my sisters and LaLa

Gma & Pop with their 4 girls

Gma & Pop with all but 1 grandkid - Jess, we will have to photoshop you in. 

All firstborn girls - LaLa, Mom, me, Sammy & Rea

Seriously, Alex drives me nuts. 

I still can't believe this kid has a girlfriend... and she's pretty. Who'da thunk it?

The Byron/Donato bunch

Steph and Zach

Pulidos (minus Percy)

Apparently laying on the ground really is a better way to play with trains.


Zach really pulls off the Santa undies... 
Ok, so what would a family get together be without a story of Dad. And today's is happened during lunch. One thing you need to know about my mom is that she has an enormous collection of dishes. I mean it. I think she has probably 200 place settings in various styles. So, it's not like we were short bowls for the 20 or so people who came to Christmas dinner. 

Dad sits down next to Zach, Steph and me. And this is what we immediately focus in on. 
The jokes start flying. The three of us are dying laughing. I mention that we need to take a picture. Dad,  who is blissfully unaware that we are disgusted by his lunch, jumps up and says "I'll get it. Great idea." He thinks I want a pic of the entire table - which he comes back and takes. You saw it above.

While he's gone, Zach snaps a pic with his phone. Oh Dad, just because Fruit Salad has the word "salad" in it doesn't mean it should be mixed with lettuce.

Blah. So gross.

Enough abut Dad's disgusting eating habits (trust me, this is the tip of a yucky iceberg).

There's this interesting truth in my family: Poppie was a player back in the day. I know that probably sounds strange, maybe even gross to some since he's in is 80s now. But it's true! I have seen the "little black book" - Poppie's version btw is a photo album. It's kind of awesome. Barney Stinson would be so proud.

Ok, so before lunch a few of us were sitting around with Grandma chatting about things. And naturally the conversation turned to social media - don't all of yours? Anyway, Grandma is on Facebook, as are most of the rest of the fam. Gma said she had a Facebook message from a cousin in MO. This isn't unusual, this cousin comes to FL from time to time and has always been in our lives. Anyway, cousin D said she received an interesting message from someone looking for my Gma. Here's that message:

"Denise, is your Dad's brother Kenneth still with us? Also, Kenneth had a daughter named Donna that had lovely red hair - what became of her? She was the first girl I ever kissed!"

Isn't that the cutest thing ever??? It's like something straight out a a Nicholas Sparks novel! Poppie's got nothing on Gma!

No comments:

Post a Comment