Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Buddy!

So my baby turned 3! I can't believe it.

He is such a little man. Gone is the baby that I had. In his place is a super chatty little boy who thinks he is as grown up as his sister and all of her friends.

Usually I don't really do the traditional birthday party thing. I hosted one for Rea's first birthday and it was so much work that I have stayed away from them since. As you know, we did Disney for Rea's bday this year.

And because Rea got a special day, we thought it would be nice to give Ri a day too. I planned a cute and simple party at a local park. And about 46 of our closest friends RSVPed yes. Not bad right?

Well, I forgot that we live in FL. I made no alternate plans for rain because, well, I'm an idiot.



So there we are on the day of the party, about 90% setup at the park. 2 friends have arrived... and the Heavens open up and POUR on us.

My husband turns to his mom and says, "We just moved the party to your house." I get on the phone trying to remember who's coming and text the new address to everyone.

It all worked out in the end. We had a lovely time. Everyone who said "yes" didn't actually make it - prob bc of the weather. No biggie. The only thing that really irks me is that I didn't take pics. I was so flustered by everything that I spaced on the photography.

Here is the little photographic evidence of the event:
















No comments:

Post a Comment