Friday, January 4, 2013

It's Finally Christmas!!! #4

So Rea woke up at 4:30am. She came into my room, smacked me in the face, and said "Let's go see if Santa was here."

I opened one eye, saw the clock, and replied "No. He hasn't come yet. Go back to bed."

She did. I rolled over and went back to sleep.

Shane was the first one up actually at 6:30. He got Rea out of bed, which was not surprisingly simple. My job was to rouse Buddy. He was passed out in the middle of my bed. It took some coaxing... he did not want to wake up. We asked if he wanted to go downstairs to see if Santa brought him any presents, he whined "Noooo.... Santa's NOT here. I'm sleeping!"

Shane carried both kiddos down the stairs, the whole time Ri was complaining.



Then it was major stimulus overload for Buddy. I think he experienced tunnel-vision. He saw only one present and zeroed in on it.

Before we go any further and I show you the pics from my Crew opening gifts, I should send a super big THANK YOU to my cousin Alex. If it weren't for his willingness to take pictures for us, I would have had to. So thanks Goober. You were awesome.

Buddy's eyes crack me up!

He was in love with his new trains


We will miss Elvis! It was nice of him to leave us a note. =)

Rea was so happy to see McKenna






Super sleepy family
 After we opened gifts, it was time for Shane to rush into work. He was originally scheduled to work at 6am. But one of his coworkers agreed to cover for him for a few hours in the morning so he could see the kids get their gifts.

Once Shane was gone and the rest of the house woke up, some of the family decided to go to the beach. We had some time to kill before the remainder of our tree came.





















Stay tuned... Christmas for the StuCrew will end with the next blog entry. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment