Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just one more... It's for my kid

If you live anywhere near PGA Blvd, you are well aware that the Honda Classic kicked off this week. The signs are everywhere. Wednesday was a celebrity day. I am sure there were some great people of modest notoriety, but really, if you were anywhere near the Champion Course, you saw a sea of orange and blue.
The foursome most people came to see on Wednesday was made up of Jack Nicklaus, Jason Taylor, Kenny G and Tim Tebow. 

The scene was straight out of Happy Gilmore. The peaceful hushed golf world was taken over by the very vocal Gator Nation. 
The actual golf game moved at a ridiculously slow speed. This was my first golf game. So the night before I asked Shane how long the 18 holes would last... He told me to plan for 4 hours. The actual game??? -- 6 hours. As the PB Post put it, the "game moved at a glacial speed." 
And I would do it again in a heartbeat. 
We were behind the ropes, walking with Tim and Robby all day. We hung with our PBA friends. In my humble opinion, this is the BEST way to watch golf. 

This was my first Tebow Event from start to finish. I have met him a couple of times. My husband knows him, but I am usually at home taking care of our children. The kids and I usually pop in for a minute to say hi, but that's it. 
This probably isn't a shock to anyone, but WOW... he is wildly popular. One of the reasons the game took so long was Tebow kept signing autographs for people. Whenever he would get within 30 feet of the ropes the crowd would go crazy. People shouted the normal things "I love you Tebow!" "You're my hero" "Oh my neighbor is going to be soooo happy" "Go Gators" -- Then there was the most popular, "Just one more." The soundtrack of Tebow's life. 
Hands down though, my favorite part of the night was after the golf game. Shane and I went with Tim and Robby to dinner, then took them to the airport. A few months ago, Shane asked Tim to do this retarded pose with him in a picture. Tebow agreed. But below is what Timmy really did in the photo. 
This picture makes me laugh every single time I look at it. For whatever reason, Shane thinks this pose is actually cool, but my opinion matches the look on Tim's face. 
Naturally Shane wanted to frame this and hang it up. I said no. Then, kind of changed my mind. 
When we got the airport, we gave the picture to Tebow (of course he started cracking up) and I said I would actually hang this in my house if he wrote "Shane, you're a douche." 
Still laughing, he said "Of course I will!" 
So he starts writing and gets to "To Shane, your a " and then asks how to spell douche. I said, "Um, before that, could you please fix 'your'? That's the wrong one, and I won't hang it up with a spelling mistake." He laughed and then said he probably does that all the time. When he finished signing, he said "You have to tell people I spelled 'you're' wrong." 
My response? -- "Duh."
Anyway, it was awesome day! And I can't wait to do it again. =) Oh, and I would like to send some love out to the Dodson boys. We love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment