Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time Flies - Sometimes Slowly

This weekend was a very big deal... it was the first time Rea went out of town without me or Shane. 

She has been asking to see her Aunt Jack. Because of Jack's crazy work schedule and life, we only see her a handful of times a year. My parents were going up this weekend to help Jack out with some things around her house. It was the perfect opportunity for Rea to tag along. 

She asked me CONSTANTLY when it was time to go... when I would ask her to get dressed in the morning she would say, "So I can go to Jack's house house now?" You know how some kids get ridiculously stoked about going to see Mickey Mouse? That's the level of excitement Rea had for a trip to G-ville. 

Friday finally came. And after a few morning errands (and lunch), it was time to head to the airport.

I'll be honest, I was looking forward to having only one child for a few days. I didn't think I would go through physical Rea-withdrawals! Almost as soon as they pulled away, I wanted her back. I was already dying to see pictures. I had no idea how I was going to survive the next three days.

Rea was having a blast! We got photo updates often... 
But knowing how much fun she was having didn't help me miss her any less. I still checked her room at night and half expected her to come down in the morning. I almost made her a plate of spaghetti last night too. 

Now it's Sunday. And I get my girl back tonight! I cannot wait. 

1 comment:

  1. I had a lot of fun with Rea this weekend. I was surprised she didn't experience any homesickness, but maybe she is still too young for that? Saturday she kept saying "not time to go home yet, 2 nighttimes at Jack's." it was fun to spend some one on one time with her, she is definitely a grammie girl, she always wanted grammie to hold her. But getting to see the unmistakable "Mindy" expressions on her face were hilarious! Thanks for taking an emotional hit and letting her come visit. I hope she had as much fun as it seemed she did.

    ReplyDelete