Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Poop Diaries

Potty training is interesting. Rea has shad ups and downs in the past 6 months. But, she has pretty much been potty trained for a few months. She's not completely trained... she won't poop in the potty and she can NOT make it through the night.
Shane and I are tired of buying Pull-Ups and changing her in general. It would be so much nicer if we only had one bottom in diapers.
After weeks of trying to get her to #2, I did what most people with a problem do: I took my issue to Facebook. And I got great suggestions from my friends.
One of the things we did was make a "Poop Calendar" for Rea. It was actually only Monday-Sunday on a piece of computer paper. I labelled the top with the days of the week. Then Rea picked prizes for each of the days. Monday was a trip to Sea World. Tuesday was a pack of Polly Pockets. Wednesday was a castle from Target. Thursday was a trip to Disney. etc...
Rea was very proud of this calendar. She showed it to everyone who came to our house.
She would talk to me about the list of poop presents all the time. Once in the car, she said, "I miss Aunt Jack. If I go poopie, I can go to G-ville to see her. Ok?" Of course Jack was super honored to have made it to such a place of honor on our fridge: The Poop Calendar.

But her love and knowledge of the calendar did not immediately translate into the desired result. Shane and I never mentioned the list or anything about going on the toilet. We let her do her thing.
Well, if you read the previous blog entry, you know that Shane and I had a long Wednesday. We decided that we would just rest and hang with our kiddies on Thursday. Both of us needed a day to recover.
On Thursday morning, from the bathroom I hear, "I AM GOING TO DISNEY!!! YAY!!!" I asked her what she was doing and Rea proudly answered, "I AM POOPING ON THE POTTY! I GET TO GO TO DISNEY!! Go shower Mom."



I don't know if she just wanted to go to Disney, or if she actually knew it was Thursday and that was the corresponding prize. I guess I will never know. Anyway, we all got dressed and hopped in the car for a quick Disney trip.
We decided on Downtown Disney. We were in the car considerably longer than we were at Disney. But it was worth the look on Rea's face when we were there.

Good times... Rea is already planning the next trip up. Funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment